If you have a front-wheel-drive vehicle, it needs a front-end alignment every 50,000 miles or when it shows signs that it’s out of alignment. Rear-wheel-drive vehicles need rear-end alignments, while 4WD and AWD vehicles need a four-wheel alignment. In an alignment, our expert mechanics adjust the toe, caster, and camber on the appropriate axle(s).
- Toe alignment is how much your tires turn inward or outward when viewed from above.
- Caster is the angle of your steering axis when viewed from the side of the vehicle.
- Camber is the inward or outward angle of the tire when viewed from the front of the vehicle.
Signs Your Vehicle Needs an Alignment
How can you tell if your vehicle needs a rear- or front-end alignment? Here are the most common signs:
- Vehicle pulls to the right or left
- Steering wheel vibrates
- Uneven tread wear
- The steering wheel is off-center when driving straight
Trustworthy Alignments in North Carolina
If you need a front- or rear-end alignment in North Carolina, you can trust the professional mechanics at Carfix in Raleigh or Garner. At Carfix, we make things as easy as we can with a comfortable waiting room, online appointment booking, and shuttle service. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.